To provide high quality early childhood education program through a family grouping environment that meets the needs of children and families through excellence in service, innovation and leadership.
Children's learning and development is holistic and occurs in the context of their families and community. Accordingly, we support shared decision-making and provide an inclusive environment, where everyone is encouraged to participate and contribute. Therefore educators and staff will:
- Encourage reciprocal communication with families about their child's learning and development, participating in shared decision making and contributing ideas on how we can collaboratively advance children's learning at the centre, at home and in the community.
- Provide a warm and inclusive environment that promotes diversity and complements the child's home life, and where all families have the opportunity to contribute to their child's learning and development.
- Work in partnership with families and the community to provide professional, high quality early learning and care for all children
- Engage in open, warm interactions with children and families to build trusting and positive relationships, respecting confidentiality at all times to ensure the interests, abilities and culture of every child and their family are understood, valued and respected.
- Work collaboratively to develop meaningful interactions with children to encourage learning and development through an emergent play based program
- Maintain a commitment to our core values and the role the team plays in creating a nurturing, caring and loving environment.
- Provide a team environment where educators and staff are made to feel valued and respected and are supported to share ideas and learn from each other, to be successful in supporting children's learning and development
- Coninuously develop our professional knowledge and skills to meet the current philosophies, theroies and standards on early childhood learning and development.
- We believe that children learn best through a play based program, when they are interested in what they are doing, having fun, can experiement and watch others.
- Provide a home like Family Grouping environment, where the grouping of children of children closely resemble that of a family structure, which has meaning and ensures the child feels welcomed and nurtured
- To provide a curriculum tailored to each child's strengths, needs and interests to enrich their learning journey
- Provide safe, secure and stimulating environments that support children to become independent, confident and inquisitive learners wwhich will encourage children to extend their capacity for learning and development
- Recognise that learning extends from opportunities presented to children by their peers from different ages and abililites
- Encourage children to become socially responsible, supporting them to find positive ways to express their needs and feelings and to learn socially acceptable behaviours, problem solving and interactions with others and where they feel respected
- We are guided by the principles identified by the National Quality Standards and we abide by the Australian Code of Ethics and provide every child with their fundamental right to be protected, kept safe and ensure the dignity and rights of the child are mainatained at all times.
We acknowledge and are inspired by the work of Lilian Katz in the case for mixed-age grouping in early education, and are guided by the Early Years Learning Framework, the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, the Code of Ethics and the National Quality Framework .
→ Family Grouping